Here is a step-by-step guide for creating a simple, glamorous prom makeup look inspired by Blake Lively.
I had the privilege of doing my cousin Shelby’s makeup for her senior prom last weekend. Here is a step-by-step guide to how I created her simple but glam prom makeup look inspired by Blake Lively.
For this tutorial, you’ll need:
Note: When doing makeup for a big event, always start with the eyes. It’s much easier to touch up smudged liner or mascara before foundation and concealer has been applied.
- Apply the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion to the eyelids to prevent eye shadows from creasing throughout the night.
- Pat the shade “Virgin” from the Urban Decay Naked Palette all over the eyelid and up to the brow bone. Also, place this color on the inner corner of the eyes to brighten them.
- Apply the shade “Buck” from the same palette in the crease of the eye using an eye contour brush. Use a fluffy eye brush to blend the two eye shadows together.
- Next, apply a thin line of the Maybelline Line Stiletto Ultimate Precision Liquid Eyeliner to the upper lash line.
- For the lower lash line, use an angled eyeliner brush to smudge “Creep” from the Naked Palette into the lower lash line.
- Apply Maybelline Full ‘n’ Soft Mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
- Use a Q-tip and makeup remover to clean up any smudges before moving on to the face makeup.
- Apply a tinted moisturizer or light foundation, like the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheer (we used “light to medium 30” on Shelby), to the skin for an even complexion.
- To brighten the area under the eyes, apply Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer.
- Set the liquid foundation and concealer so it stays in place all night with a loose powder, like the L’Oreal Paris True Match Naturale Mineral Foundation (we used “Natural Beige”).
- To contour the face, apply Merle Norman Bronzing Powder in “Beach Side” in the hollows of the cheeks with a kabuki brush.
- Dust the Merle Norman Lasting Cheekcolor in “Mauve Magic” on the apples of the cheeks.
- Blend the bronzer and blush by applying a little more powder to those areas of the face again.
- Fill in and define the eyebrows using the Revlon Brow Fantasy pencil (we used “Dark Blonde”) and then lock brow hairs in place with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Gel.
- Finish the look with a lasting lip stain, like the Revlon Colorburst Balm Stain in “Honey”.